Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sleepover with the kiddos

So on friday afternoon Josh, Kayce, and I went out to pick up Xander, Imogene, and Maggie Mae for a sleepover. We got back to the house and started making dinner. We made pizza. I'm dissappointed that I didn't take as many pictures as I had planned. but it's hard to take pictures when you're chasing the kids around. anyway. we made a really awesome pizza for the kids. it was mostly cheese and then it had a pepperoni smiley face on it with pineapple for the hair and an olive on each ear for earrings. the kids loved making it. *funny story about dinner - while i was getting food on everyone's plates, imogene fell off of her chair or something, and said "OW! I hurt my penis" kayce-"Imogene, girls don't have those" imogene - "ok, I hurt my 'gina".... kids say the darndest things :) after dinner, josh and I took xander and imogene to the store so they could each pick out an ice cream treat. Then we went home and watched 'The Last Mimzy'. Which was surprisingly good, for a little kid movie. :) then we all went to bed :)
Saturday: xander came into my room at 6:40 AM to tell me he was hungry and that I needed to make breakfast. We had Cinderella waffles. Imogene LOVED it. then we played around for a while and got dressed. Then changed into our swimming suits! We went swimming. it was SO much fun. There is this huge water slide there that goes from the ceiling swirling around down to plummet into the water. I took imogene down it at least 5 times and xander went down it at least 10 times. I'm pretty sure they had fun. Even though on the way home, I asked imogene and maggie if they had fun, maggie was asleep already and imogene said she didn't have fun cause she wanted to stay longer. lol right when we got home, they left to go back to their house. It was an exhausting two days, but SO worth it. I had a blast! :) Here are a couple of pictures.


*before we started making dinner on friday, we were playing in the living room. Imogene disappeared into the kitchen for a few minutes and we couldn't figure out what she was doing. when she came out of the kitchen, this is what she had... yes, that's butter.... so I went back into the kitchen and scraped 1/4 inch of butter off of her bread. silly girl :)

Maggie really liked 'love'. I was too slow to get a picture of her cuddling with it though. it was SO cute! :)

No comments: