Wednesday, September 10, 2008

this is called "me being smart"

Ok, so here's the story. I had two or three customers at once that I was trying to help. so in pursuit of a petticoat for one of them, I had to open a new box of petticoats. here's where it gets tricky. In trying to save time I grabbed the first sharp object I could see: a rotary fabric cutter. You know the kind with the really sharp blade that has warnings right on it that say you're not supposed to use it on anything besides fabric and you're always supposed to use one of their special cutting boards and to keep fingers clear of the blade because people have been known to lose limbs by these things.?...yeah. well I almost had the box open, fingers still intact...then it slipped...and cut off the tip of my thumb. so I immediately stick my thumb in my mouth so that I can see if I can just suck the blood off and be fine. but no, I pull it out and it's still bleeding pretty bad. right at that second a customer calls from her dressing room needing help. so I go out and of course she just needs me to zip up her zipper...but of course I can't do that because if I pull my thumb out of my mouth then I'll get blood all over... so I tell her 'Umm, I just cut my finger and don't want it to get on the dress so let me go grab someone else'. so I was pretty calm through the whole thing until I got to the back area and actually looked at what I had done...wow I just cut off the tip of my finger. that's when I started to cry...but silently so that nobody would really notice. man! it hurt so bad! so that's my wonderful exciting story for the day :)

No comments: