Thursday, February 25, 2010

Uber sad.

i just had my first Baking Fail ever. I decided to try making red velvet cake from scratch. And if you really know me, you know that I LOVE red velvet cake. It is my favorite cake. So I found a trusted source and followed the recipe exactly. mixed up the batter, and as always, I had to taste the batter before putting it in the oven. Well, the batter tasted like an old man's dirty foot. yes, that's right I said a foot. well, I thought, maybe that's just because there's so much oil in it and that awful taste will bake out of it. so I put the batter into my cute little mini cupcake pan and baked it. Well, at least it didn't taste like an old man's dirty foot. They ended up tasting more like a 20-something's freshly washed....yeah, you guessed it.... foot. so even though they didn't taste old and dirty, they still tasted like feet. So now, I'm UBER sad because really, how hard is it to mess up a recipe? I mean, if you follow the recipe, it's supposed to turn out. So what did I do wrong?

No comments: