Thursday, August 19, 2010

SPLURGE

Ok, so today, mom and I went to Costco. Which is usually a pretty fun outing, we get to try all the samples and just see some fun stuff. so we're walking around and I found the love of my life. you'll never guess what it is..... ok, I'll show you. but first I have to explain. I didn't buy it right then. I talked myself out of buying it in fact. then my brother came over and invited me to go to Costco with him. (yes, twice in one day) and at that point, I knew it was fate. I had to buy it. I'm basically re-living my childhood. but we'll get to that story after you see what it is.....

yes, that's right, it's a GINORMOUS teddy bear. 53" tall to be exact. here's a picture so you can see how big his head is compared to mine:


ok, so why am I reliving my childhood? well, let me tell you. when I was about 5 or 6 years old, I had a big blue teddy bear that was probably about the same size as this lovely one I bought today. My grandpa had pulled it out of a garbage dumpster and fixed it up and gave it to me. well, a couple of years later, it was falling apart again and my mom hated it. so one day I came home from school and it was gone. just like that. and I have been traumatized ever since. btw, the big blue bear's name was Baloo(like from the jungle book) anyway, this is my bear. and if you have any suggestions on a name for him, let me know, cause I'm stuck. right now I'm leaning towards Roger, Clarence, and Oliver. let me know what you think. :) 

1 comment:

Sarah @ Pink Lime said...

Xander likes Roger, and Mimi likes to walk around saying Roger. So, I don't know if that helps at all, but just our 2 cents.